Saturday, November 15, 2014

Teenagers Never Change

I was digging through my notes this morning. I gather bits and pieces from any number of sources. Most of it will never see the light of day, but there's always something to spin me off in a fruitful direction. A wonderful source comes from the newspaper. Those quaint little sections of historical articles. I have to wonder how many people read these especially when it's reporting on a town you aren't living in, but I find endless nuggets here. 

This one came from my local paper, The Courier Hub. I haven't used it, don't think I will, but I got me to thinking this morning. 

Teenagers never change. Generation after generation we think we are the brightest, the funniest, the most clever humans who have ever walked the planet. I certainly did, but I never once got bored enough to go stealing chickens. And certainly not in a buggy. 

AMENDMENT: While considering my replies to the comments below, I realized I had in fact used this article to spur an event in the Legends of the Aurora trilogy. Astute readers will recognize Uredd's passion for goats milk in this crime story. 

No comments: